At The OCD & Anxiety Center, we offer flexibility in treatment planning and location. One thing that makes us unique are our in-home therapy services. These services are available for individuals who may have difficulty attending sessions at our Oak Brook or Orland Park locations, and those for whom most anxiety occurs at home. In most cases, one of our specialists will meet with you for the initial intake at one of our offices. If you or a family member are unable to get to the office, one of our specialists can meet you at your home. From there, we will work with you to determine whether in-home services are best for your symptoms and treatment plan.
Our in-home therapy sessions follow the same structure as an in-office visit. Unlike other forms of therapy, our sessions are less about unstructured discussion of problems, and instead are structured around the learning and practice of new skills, with the goal of clients feeling capable of continuing to use these skills after treatment has ended. During your in-home sessions, you can expect to engage in the same types of evidence-based services with our specialists as you would in our office, which may include challenging and replacing unhelpful thoughts, structured exposures to anxious triggers, or role-playing situations with family members. There are several advantages to in-home therapy services, including:
- Saving on time to travel to our office, meaning that you can receive high quality services with minimal disruption to your school, work or other daily activities.
- The potential to involve family members in treatment. As anxiety and other emotional problems typically affect how we interact with others, it can be useful to role-play troublesome scenarios at home with family members, allowing for maximum similarity between therapy and real life.
- Tackling your anxiety where it occurs. For individuals who experience most of their anxiety in the home environment, having therapy sessions in the home will make it easier to transfer learning from therapy to daily life, meaning faster therapy progress.
Individuals with many types of emotional and behavioral problems can benefit from our in-home therapy services. We have found these to be especially helpful for individuals with:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Hoarding Disorder
- Physical disabilities that limit mobility
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Anxious symptoms occurring mostly at home
Depending upon symptoms and need, in-home therapy services may be offered in person, or over video call. If you or someone you know would benefit from our in-home therapy services, please reach out to us at 630-522-3124 today!