Are you looking to learn or expand your knowledge in CBT or Exposure-Based Therapy?
Are you a professional looking to gain expertise or expand the expertise of your staff?
Are you looking for a speaking engagement for your students, community, staff, or employees?
Dr. Zayed and the team at The OCD & Anxiety Center value giving back to the community through community involvement, speaking engagements, and consultation and education to other mental health professionals. It is part of our mission to provide regular outreach and education in the community by way of presentations to businesses, schools, and parents, as well as consultations, and professional continuing education events. We believe that through regular outreach, we can destigmatize mental health and educate others about anxiety, OCD, and PTSD as well as evidence-based treatments for these disorders. We are extremely passionate about spreading the word that people who experience these disorders can live happy, fulfilled lives with the right dose and type of treatment. We also believe that through community engagement, we can destigmatize mental health in general, normalize anxiety, educate others about symptoms and provide useful tips and strategies for coping. We have given presentations to school administrators, parents, students, and other professionals on topics related to anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Exposure Therapy. We also lead and participate in an OCD case consultation meeting held every other month with other local OCD providers.
If you would like a member of The OCD & Anxiety Center team to give a presentation, or provide case consultation, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 522-3124. We are happy to tailor a presentation to your specific needs. We would also love to partner with other area businesses and schools to provide community events!
Below are some example of the presentations OAC staff have provided:
- Managing COVID-19: Seven Tips for Teens, Wheaton School District
- Parent University: Ten Tips for Managing Anxiety in School-Aged Children, Oak Park River Forest High School
- Treating Anxiety and Perfectionism in the School Setting, Hinsdale Central High School
- Managing Anxiety and Perfectionism: Tips for Parents, the Oak Park Public Library
- Angst Movie and Panel Discussion, Fusion School, Oak Brook
- Treating Tourette’s and Tic Disorders, presentation at a school IEP meeting
- Roll Call: Managing School Refusal, CEU presentation at Aurora Family Services as well as the Dupage Regional Office of Education
- Treating PTSD: Exposure Based Therapy for PTSD, Six hour CEU presentation at Heartland Community Health Center
- Exposure Therapy 101: Treating Anxiety with Exposure Therapy, Three hour CEU presentation
- Parent Training: How to get your Kids to do the Impossible, Three hour CEU presentation
- Treating OCD with Exposure Therapy, Three Hour CEU presentation
- What if I Die: Treating Health Anxiety, presentation at Central Dupage Hospital
- Managing Covid Anxiety, Hinsdale Central High School Parent Network Association
- Creating Structure Related to Online and Hybrid Learning, Hinsdale Central High School Parent Network Association
- Motivating Youth for Online and Hybrid Learning, Hinsdale Central High School Parent Network Association
- Test Anxiety: Tips for Students and Parents, Illinois Math and Science Academy
- Healthy Lifestyle Series: Changing Relationships with Your Body and Food, Illinois Math and Science Academy
- Overview of Eating and Feeding Disorders: A Review of Assessment and Evidence-Based Treatment Options
- Comprehensive Behavioral Model for BFRB, Three hour CEU Training
- When Counting Sheep Doesn’t Work: CBT-I for Insomnia, Three hour CEU training
- COVID Anxiety and Navigating Online Learning, NAMI Metro Suburban
- Finding Empathy in an Uncertain World, Teens at a Local School
Dr. Zayed co-leads a free OCD case consultation group for local providers who treat OCD. Consultation meetings are held every other month. Feel free to reach out for additional information at email@example.com. Dr. Zayed also provides individual supervision to local providers who would like additional support and guidance.